Frequently Asked Question
For the WooCommerce Mergado Pack, you can download it classically from the plugin directory in the administration of your WordPress site or from the WordPress.org repository. Just search Mergado Pack.
If you download the plugin manually from the repository, go to Plugins -> Plugin Installation in the WordPress administration. Click on Upload plugin in the top left.
For OpenCart, download the module from the official OpenCart Marketplace directory. Search for the Mergado Pack.
After downloading the installation package, go to the Extensions -> Installer page in the OpenCart administration and upload the installation package. After that, modifications still need to be applied. Go to the Extensions -> Modifications and click the Refresh button on the top right.
You can also watch youtube tutorial how to install extension to OpenCart 3.x.
You can download the module for PrestaShop from our website pack.mergado.cz/prestashop.
After downloading the installation package, go to the PrestaShop administration page Modules -> Module manager. Click the Upload Module button at the top right and upload the installation package. The installation will take place automatically.
The module is for free.
Yes, the module needs to be configured to work properly. Setup for exports is done in 3 easy steps:
- on the first tab of the module “Settings” choose in which language version and currency you want to generate the XML feed (or multiple feeds). Typical example: “czech + CZK”, “slovak + EUR”, etc. (Valid for PrestaShop and OpenCart).
- On the “Cron Tasks” tab, links for generating XML feeds will be available. For one-time generation, just click on these links and the feed will be generated (or re-generated if it already exists). To automate the generation at regular intervals, copy the links and set them up on your web host in cron-running tasks (more on cron setup in the next Q&A).
- On the “XML feeds” tab, you can download the XML feed or use the link to create a new export to Mergado.
To set up Ad Systems, you need to fill in the appropriate API keys or IDs and activate the features.
The module allows you to export data from your online store in XML format, in Mergado XML specification. Such data can be used to connect your store to Mergado, where you are able to convert your product data to hundreds of different formats for comparison shopping services such as Google Shopping, GLAMI, etc., or for advertising systems like Google Ads, Facebook, or for different eCommerce solutions, e. g. Shoptet, etc.
In addition, the Mergado Pack plugin is equipped with many marketing features to help you improve your advertising. Integrated support for Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, GLAMI piXel, Heureka and much more.
Cron is a scheduled task on your server, so it is usually set up on the web hosting of your ecommerce store.
WP Cron are actions that are executed when loading WordPress sites. Every time the website loads, the tasks for WP Cron are checked. It doesn’t matter if you are in administration or on the frontend. Each time a visitor loads a page, WordPress checks to see if any action should have been taken.
However, it is generally not recommended to use WP Cron, which can affect the speed of WordPress Sites, especially for low-traffic sites.
The Mergado Pack plugin for WooCommerce contains an automatic check for a new version, in which case it will display a notification in the administration (in the Menu → Plugins). After installing the plugin, you will always find out if a newer version with new features is available.
You can add the plugin to your e‑shop in the standard way from the plugin directory in the administration of your WordPress site or from the WordPress.org repository. Just look for the Mergado Pack. Above you will also find a link to download the module manually.
In the store administration, go to the Plugins -> Add new tab and search for Mergado.
After successfully uploading the plugin, click on the Activate plugin button.
Yes. This module is designed for PrestaShop versions 1.6+ and 1.7+
We recommend the same minimum system requirements as PrestaShop. The latest stable version of PrestaShop, minimum PHP version 7.1+ for both versions PrestaShop 1.6 and 1.7.
- System: Unix, Linux or Windows.
- Web server: Apache Web Server 2.2 or any later version.
- PHP: Minimum PHP 7.1 or later. See the compatibility chart on link below for more details.
- MySQL: 5.6 minimum, a recent version is recommended.
- Server RAM: The more the merrier. We recommend setting the memory allocation per script (
memory_limit) to a minimum of
See the system requirements in PrestaShop DevDocs.
Export XML feeds
Cron is simply an automatic task launcher, so it can, for example, start generating an product XML feed from your e‑shop at regular times. Cron can be set up at your web hosting. About cron settings, it is necessary to log in to the administration of your web hosting and find the cron settings there, or contact your web host for more information.
More about cron in our article.
- First try setting up batch generation. On the Settings page, in the Batch Export Generation section, enter 1500 and save. Then try generating the feed again. On the Cron page, start the generation with the Manually generate feed button. Then go to the XML feeds page and rerun the feed generation with the Manually generate feed button until the XML feed link is active.
- If you still encounter an error during the generation process after setting up the batch export, please contact us using the contact form on the Support page or email email@example.com. Please attach as much information as possible to your email. Your CMS version, PHP version, Mergado Pack module version and other information that will help us determine the cause of the error.
- First, go to the Settings tab. If you have a large number of products or problems with feed generation in general, choose a limit in Settings and the product exports will be generated in batches.
- For WooCommerce only - If you use multiple tax rates at the same time (e.g. for different countries) select which rate will be used in the XML feed.
- In the second menu item, you set up Cron tasks. Here you will find a list of Cron URLs that you can copy and paste into the task scheduler.
More about cron jobs in our article.
To generate a feed for the first time, you must first click the “Manually generate a feed” button (PrestaShop).
- Then in the XML feeds tab you will find a list of feeds generated at least once. On this page you can further work with the feeds, delete them, copy them and use them in Mergado Editor, download them or check the progress of the generation.
Gradual regeneration of exports brings important improvements in their creation. With a large amount of data, problems arose and in some cases the whole process ended in failure. Our Mergado Pack therefore offers the option of choosing the number of products that will be generated in one step. And thanks to the limit, only the number of items that the user chooses is subsequently created. This speeds up the process, stabilizes it and reduces the risk of it falling.
In practice, this means that the feed is generated in partial files, which are merged after this process and create a complete XML feed.
You can generate the availability feed in the WooCommerce and PrestaShop modules.
In the module, go to Ad Systems -> Heureka. In the Heureka : Other settings section, activate the Availability feed.
Then on the XML feeds page, generate the Availability feed. Follow the same procedure as for generating a Product feed.
The Biano Button cannot be directly activated in the Mergado Pack plugin.
But we have prepared a tutorial How to set up the Button using Mergado Pack and Google Tag Manager.
GLAMI piXel and TOP
To protect emails sent from your domain, add the following entry to your SPF record: _emailing.glami.cz
Example: if your domain has an SPF record of the form v=spf1 ip4:126.96.36.199 ‑all, then the modified version will be v=spf1 ip4:188.8.131.52 include:_emailing.glami.cz ‑all
All outgoing emails from GLAMI are signed with the DKIM key. Create a subdomain glami-review._domainkey to your domain with a DNS CNAME record pointing to partner-review._domainkey.glami.cz
Some hosting providers require a period at the end of the record. Example: glami-review._domainkey.glami.cz.
You can verify the correct email settings in the partner administration in the GLAMI TOP -> Settings tab, where you will see the SPF and DKIM status, marked as “Verified” in case of correct settings and “Unverified” in case of error.
If you are not sure how to complete these steps, contact your webmaster.
In order to successfully set up the email sending system, you need to complete two steps:
- In the GLAMI partner administration, under GLAMI TOP -> Settings, set up an email from which GLAMI will send customer emails with the questionnaire. This email should have the same domain as your e‑shop. For example, www.shop.cz will have the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Change the DNS settings for your site’s domain (this is the same domain you used to send the emails from step 1) as instructed below. This setting is important so that emails end up in your customers inbox and not in their SPAM folder.
Árukereső sends emails on behalf of your email address used during registration. To send emails correctly, it is advisable to set up Sender Policy Framework (SPF) on your domain. Some email servers may verify the origin of the sender and your review requests could end up in SPAM.
Árukereső recommends adding an SPF record to your domain’s DNS TXT for their server ‘_spf‑c.arukereso.hu’.
In the administration Árukereső in the tab Beállítások -> Véleménybekérő levelek kiküldési idejének módosítása you can change the number of days from the order until the email is sent to the customer.
You can customize the consent text for each active language in your ecommerce website. Go to the module administration on the Ad Systems > Árukereső tab.
Yes, Google Analtics sends data for GA Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce statistics. However, you must first activate both of these features in the Mergado Pack settings and then in Google Analytics.
Yes, it does. The name of the variable is currencyCode.
More about measuring a multi-currency online store in article Multi-Currency Ecommerce Tracking in Google Analytics with GTM.
In the plugin administration enable the feature at Advertising Systems > Google > Google Analytics Refund section. Fill in your Google Analytics tracking ID and choose which order statuses use for refund. When order status will change to the selected one, refund information will be send to Google Analytics.
The refund will be sent to GA in the full amount of the order.
Google Tag Manager
Is your online store built on the PrestaShop platform? If so, don’t hesitate to link it to our free Mergado Pack tool. With that, you can implement popular advertising systems in a few clicks. Watch hands-on videos on how to install Mergado Pack and Google Analytics.
The Mergado Pack plugin got enriched with further improvements. The settings and lists of feeds have gained a clearer arrangement. Another new feature is an automatic number of generated product recommendations. Let’s take a look at what the third version of the Pack is about.
Master the dynamic remarketing of Google Ads with a non-e-commerce website using Mergado Pack and Google Web Designer
For sectors outside online stores, setting up dynamic remarketing requires technical adjustments on the web, preparation of your feed, and also a dynamic banner that will display information from the prepared feed. You will learn how to prepare it all in the case study by PPC specialist Hana Kobzová.