Mergado Pack PrestaShop module
Save your time and boost your marketing with our free Mergado Pack module
No coding needed, just install the module and set it up. Do you have questions? Our support is here to help you.
Export your feeds and turn them into hundreds of formats with Mergado
Expand your network of marketing channels. Use Mergado to create XML feeds for hundreds of different product comparison engines and other marketing services.
Connect your business to the biggest marketing channels
Do you want to track your Google Ads, implement the Facebook Pixel, or other marketing scripts? Fill your ID codes in the input fields, activate them and the scripts will start their magic.
The Mergado Pack module for PrestaShop helps to create better XML files for comparison shopping services by exporting the product feed from your PrestaShop store in the Mergado XML specification. Such data is useful for linking to Mergado app, where it can be converted to hundreds of other formats (for comparison shopping engines like Shopping.com, for AdWords or Facebook or for other online shopping platforms).
Module offers the possibility of implementing Google Tag Manager, including a data layer for e‑commerce. This tool gathers all the scripts of a certain project, which you can set up directly in it.
And last but not least, the ability to deploy the Google Analytics tool to measure traffic and gain a deeper understanding of the behavior of visitors to your site.
Mergado Pack enables the implementation of conversion tracking on Heureka and the activation of the script for Verified by customers and generate the availability feed. Use conversion tracking to find out which categories and products pay are the most visited, and where you can get even more customers. Reviews in the Verified by customers service strengthen the qualities of your online store. You will always have detailed information about the availability of goods through the availability feed.
Mergado Pack supports the implementation of GLAMI piXel and GLAMI TOP services. Use the GLAMI piXel tool to find out what actions the customer performs on your website. GLAMI TOP is used to implement the review, which a customer gets at the end of the purchasing process.
Mergado Pack supports the implementation of conversion tracking for Zboží.cz. It enables both limited conversion tracking of purchases in the store, as well as the standard version.
Mergado Pack supports the implementation of the Biano Pixel service. It is a solution that allows you to customize the display of products on Biano based on its preferences - according to favorite stores, brands, colors, prices or style of furniture and decorations.
Mergado Pack supports a certificate issued by the Najnakup.sk based on shoppers’ positive ratings. Modul contain a function to connect PrestaShop with this service. It ensures the sending of data on completed orders from PrestaShop to the Najnakup portal.
Mergado Pack enables the implementation of the Pricemania widget. It informs about purchase content and thus increases the credibility of your store.
Mergado Pack offers an implementation of the eTarget tracking code. With it, you can monitor and evaluate advertising campaigns on eTarget. You find out the rate of customers coming from eTarget campaigns and the investment return rate.
The Mergado Pack also supports the implementation of Sales Tracking for the international goods comparator Kelkoo.
To meet your ROI/COS targets, Kelkoo need to be able to make decisions on what kind of traffic to deliver to you. The insights the Kelkoo Sales Tracking tag provide invaluable to this decision-making process. Kelkoo Sales Tracking plays an integral role in both automated, and manual decision making.
Árukereső Trusted Store feature enables customer reviews for Árukereső. In the last step of the order, a customer can agree to be sent a questionnaire. When a store reaches a certain number of positive reviews, a floating widget will appear on site.
Árukereső is operating since 2004. The Trusted Store program, an Árukereső service since 2009, is designed to improve the reliability and authenticity of online purchases.
Frequently Asked Question
For the WooCommerce Mergado Pack, you can download it classically from the plugin directory in the administration of your WordPress site or from the WordPress.org repository. Just search Mergado Pack.
If you download the plugin manually from the repository, go to Plugins -> Plugin Installation in the WordPress administration. Click on Upload plugin in the top left.
For OpenCart, download the module from the official OpenCart Marketplace directory. Search for the Mergado Pack.
After downloading the installation package, go to the Extensions -> Installer page in the OpenCart administration and upload the installation package. After that, modifications still need to be applied. Go to the Extensions -> Modifications and click the Refresh button on the top right.
You can also watch youtube tutorial how to install extension to OpenCart 3.x.
You can download the module for PrestaShop from our website pack.mergado.cz/prestashop.
After downloading the installation package, go to the PrestaShop administration page Modules -> Module manager. Click the Upload Module button at the top right and upload the installation package. The installation will take place automatically.
The module is for free.
Yes, the module needs to be configured to work properly. Setup for exports is done in 3 easy steps:
- on the first tab of the module “Settings” choose in which language version and currency you want to generate the XML feed (or multiple feeds). Typical example: “czech + CZK”, “slovak + EUR”, etc. (Valid for PrestaShop and OpenCart).
- On the “Cron Tasks” tab, links for generating XML feeds will be available. For one-time generation, just click on these links and the feed will be generated (or re-generated if it already exists). To automate the generation at regular intervals, copy the links and set them up on your web host in cron-running tasks (more on cron setup in the next Q&A).
- On the “XML feeds” tab, you can download the XML feed or use the link to create a new export to Mergado.
To set up Ad Systems, you need to fill in the appropriate API keys or IDs and activate the features.
The module allows you to export data from your online store in XML format, in Mergado XML specification. Such data can be used to connect your store to Mergado, where you are able to convert your product data to hundreds of different formats for comparison shopping services such as Google Shopping, GLAMI, etc., or for advertising systems like Google Ads, Facebook, or for different eCommerce solutions, e. g. Shoptet, etc.
In addition, the Mergado Pack plugin is equipped with many marketing features to help you improve your advertising. Integrated support for Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, GLAMI piXel, Heureka and much more.
Yes. This module is designed for PrestaShop versions 1.6+ and 1.7+
We recommend the same minimum system requirements as PrestaShop. The latest stable version of PrestaShop, minimum PHP version 7.1+ for both versions PrestaShop 1.6 and 1.7.
- System: Unix, Linux or Windows.
- Web server: Apache Web Server 2.2 or any later version.
- PHP: Minimum PHP 7.1 or later. See the compatibility chart on link below for more details.
- MySQL: 5.6 minimum, a recent version is recommended.
- Server RAM: The more the merrier. We recommend setting the memory allocation per script (
memory_limit) to a minimum of
See the system requirements in PrestaShop DevDocs.
Export XML feeds
Cron is simply an automatic task launcher, so it can, for example, start generating an product XML feed from your e‑shop at regular times. Cron can be set up at your web hosting. About cron settings, it is necessary to log in to the administration of your web hosting and find the cron settings there, or contact your web host for more information.
More about cron in our article.
- First try setting up batch generation. On the Settings page, in the Batch Export Generation section, enter 1500 and save. Then try generating the feed again. On the Cron page, start the generation with the Manually generate feed button. Then go to the XML feeds page and rerun the feed generation with the Manually generate feed button until the XML feed link is active.
- If you still encounter an error during the generation process after setting up the batch export, please contact us using the contact form on the Support page or email email@example.com. Please attach as much information as possible to your email. Your CMS version, PHP version, Mergado Pack module version and other information that will help us determine the cause of the error.
- First, go to the Settings tab. If you have a large number of products or problems with feed generation in general, choose a limit in Settings and the product exports will be generated in batches.
- For WooCommerce only - If you use multiple tax rates at the same time (e.g. for different countries) select which rate will be used in the XML feed.
- In the second menu item, you set up Cron tasks. Here you will find a list of Cron URLs that you can copy and paste into the task scheduler.
More about cron jobs in our article.
To generate a feed for the first time, you must first click the “Manually generate a feed” button (PrestaShop).
- Then in the XML feeds tab you will find a list of feeds generated at least once. On this page you can further work with the feeds, delete them, copy them and use them in Mergado Editor, download them or check the progress of the generation.
Gradual regeneration of exports brings important improvements in their creation. With a large amount of data, problems arose and in some cases the whole process ended in failure. Our Mergado Pack therefore offers the option of choosing the number of products that will be generated in one step. And thanks to the limit, only the number of items that the user chooses is subsequently created. This speeds up the process, stabilizes it and reduces the risk of it falling.
In practice, this means that the feed is generated in partial files, which are merged after this process and create a complete XML feed.
You can generate the availability feed in the WooCommerce and PrestaShop modules.
In the module, go to Ad Systems -> Heureka. In the Heureka : Other settings section, activate the Availability feed.
Then on the XML feeds page, generate the Availability feed. Follow the same procedure as for generating a Product feed.
The Biano Button cannot be directly activated in the Mergado Pack plugin.
But we have prepared a tutorial How to set up the Button using Mergado Pack and Google Tag Manager.
GLAMI piXel and TOP
To protect emails sent from your domain, add the following entry to your SPF record: _emailing.glami.cz
Example: if your domain has an SPF record of the form v=spf1 ip4:220.127.116.11 ‑all, then the modified version will be v=spf1 ip4:18.104.22.168 include:_emailing.glami.cz ‑all
All outgoing emails from GLAMI are signed with the DKIM key. Create a subdomain glami-review._domainkey to your domain with a DNS CNAME record pointing to partner-review._domainkey.glami.cz
Some hosting providers require a period at the end of the record. Example: glami-review._domainkey.glami.cz.
You can verify the correct email settings in the partner administration in the GLAMI TOP -> Settings tab, where you will see the SPF and DKIM status, marked as “Verified” in case of correct settings and “Unverified” in case of error.
If you are not sure how to complete these steps, contact your webmaster.
In order to successfully set up the email sending system, you need to complete two steps:
- In the GLAMI partner administration, under GLAMI TOP -> Settings, set up an email from which GLAMI will send customer emails with the questionnaire. This email should have the same domain as your e‑shop. For example, www.shop.cz will have the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Change the DNS settings for your site’s domain (this is the same domain you used to send the emails from step 1) as instructed below. This setting is important so that emails end up in your customers inbox and not in their SPAM folder.
Árukereső sends emails on behalf of your email address used during registration. To send emails correctly, it is advisable to set up Sender Policy Framework (SPF) on your domain. Some email servers may verify the origin of the sender and your review requests could end up in SPAM.
Árukereső recommends adding an SPF record to your domain’s DNS TXT for their server ‘_spf‑c.arukereso.hu’.
In the administration Árukereső in the tab Beállítások -> Véleménybekérő levelek kiküldési idejének módosítása you can change the number of days from the order until the email is sent to the customer.
You can customize the consent text for each active language in your ecommerce website. Go to the module administration on the Ad Systems > Árukereső tab.
Yes, Google Analtics sends data for GA Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce statistics. However, you must first activate both of these features in the Mergado Pack settings and then in Google Analytics.
Yes, it does. The name of the variable is currencyCode.
More about measuring a multi-currency online store in article Multi-Currency Ecommerce Tracking in Google Analytics with GTM.
In the plugin administration enable the feature at Advertising Systems > Google > Google Analytics Refund section. Fill in your Google Analytics tracking ID and choose which order statuses use for refund. When order status will change to the selected one, refund information will be send to Google Analytics.
The refund will be sent to GA in the full amount of the order.
Google Tag Manager
Free technical support
If you need advice on the installation or setup the extension or would like to provide us with feedback, do not hesitate to use our discussion forum, where, in addition to our technical support, a community of other PrestaShop users can also attend to you.
Is your online store built on the PrestaShop platform? If so, don’t hesitate to link it to our free Mergado Pack tool. With that, you can implement popular advertising systems in a few clicks. Watch hands-on videos on how to install Mergado Pack and Google Analytics.
Do you sell through WooCommerce or PrestaShop on the Hungarian comparison engine Árukereső? Join the customer review gathering program here. It will give you a better insight into how to improve your advertising. If you use th Mergado Pack, you can easily activate the Trusted Shop function.
Do you want to display discounted goods in front of shoppers? In Google Shopping and dynamic remarketing, prices in action show discount tags. In this article, we bring you instructions on how to display the current price in the product description together with the crossed-out original price.